Oh my gosh, did this cherry tomato tart that I made gluten free, came good!
Tarts have always intimidated me. Something about making my own crust and the pan, makes me super nervous. Never mind the fact that I had to change half the ingredients in this recipe to meet my food allergies.
Despite all that, it came fabulous, and would highly recommend this recipe. It is super easy to follow and a great way to use up those extra cherry tomatoes we all have at the end of the season.
Here are the modifications I made ~
- For the crust, I used Premium Gold All-Purpose Flour, Flax and Whole Grain, 2 Pound instead of regular flour. This is my absolutely favorite gluten-free flour, and can be substituted cup-for-cup in place of regular flour in any recipe.
- I didn’t have fresh basil or rosemary, so I used rosemary powder and fresh sage instead.
- Goat butter instead of regular butter.
- Full-fat, regular coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
- Trader Joe’s English Goat Milk Cheddar instead of the parmesan.
It was so good, that I had to try a little piece while it was still warm. It did not disappoint. It was creamy and had the perfect amount of everything.
To reheat, I placed pieces of it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. I’m going to try to freeze pieces of it, and will update the post when I find out how it works.